When you wake up in the morning, what do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you see that you are a son of God with all power? Well, here is something every born-again believer can wake up and say to themselves when they look in the mirror: “I am what the Word of God says I am. I have what the Word of God says I have. I can do what the Word of God says I can do.”
The Word of God says that a son of God is an heir of God and a joint heir with Christ. A son of God is God’s workmanship, an ambassador for Christ, and more than a conqueror. The Word of God says that a son of God has power and strength, blessings, a healed body, the ministry of reconciliation, confidence, and fearlessness. The Word of God says that a son of God can do all things through Christ, be sufficient in all things, get answers to prayers, speak the truth, and stand steadfast.
Here are some examples of what you can confess and claim each day as a born-again son of God. From the verses of scripture listed, look at who you are, what you have, what you can do, and one way to manifest these truths.
I AM A SON OF GOD (I John 3:1,2).
- I HAVE the ability to be powerful and strong against any obstacle that comes my way (Ephesians 1:19-23; 6:10,11).
- I CAN do all things, for I am ready for anything and equal to anything through him who infuses inner strength into me (Philippians 4:13).
- TODAY I WILL manifest love in each situation I am faced with, because it never fails (I Corinthians 13:8; 16:14).
I AM AN HEIR OF GOD AND A JOINT HEIR WITH CHRIST (Romans 8:17).
- I HAVE the right to expect abundance when I give, knowing that God will open the windows of heaven and pour me out a blessing that there isn’t enough room to receive it (Malachi 3:10).
- I CAN live with God’s sufficiency in all things, for I know He will supply all my need (II Corinthians 9:8; Philippians 4:19).
- TODAY I WILL be a cheerful giver, claiming the more than abundant life for which Jesus Christ gave his life (II Corinthians 9:7; John 10:10).
I AM GOD’S WORKMANSHIP (Ephesians 2:10).
- I HAVE an awesomely and wonderfully made body that was healed by Jesus Christ’s stripes (Psalm 139:14; I Peter 2:24).
- I CAN go to God, my heavenly Father, any moment of the day with all my cares, for I know He will answer my prayers (I Peter 5:7; Psalm 86:7).
- TODAY I WILL claim a healthy body and a sound mind (III John 2; II Timothy 1:7).
I AM AN AMBASSADOR FOR CHRIST (II Corinthians 5:20).
- I HAVE the right and privilege to reconcile people to God (II Corinthians 5:18-20).
- I CAN boldly speak the truth in love and grow (Ephesians 4:15).
- TODAY I WILL step out of my house with my beautiful feet to preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things to this world (Romans 10:15).
I AM MORE THAN A CONQUEROR (Romans 8:37).
- I HAVE confidence and fearlessness, for I know God will never leave me nor forsake me (Ephesians 3:12; Hebrews 13:5,6).
- I CAN stand steadfast and unmovable on the truth of God’s Word as I abound in my service for Him (I Corinthians 15:58).
- TODAY I WILL expect the victory in the spiritual competition of life with a smile on my face and a merry heart (Ephesians 6:12; Proverbs 15:13).
The commitment “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead” (Romans 10:9) gives you access to all the rights and privileges of a son of God. You are what the Word of God says you are. You have what the Word of God says you have. You can do what the Word of God says you can do.
What will you claim today as God’s son?